Cushman & Wakefield
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Cushman & Wakefield is a global real estate services firm. Cushman & Wakefield has maintained its longstanding commitment to energy conservation across its portfolio, and leverages ENERGY STAR® tools and resources to communicate with internal and external stakeholders. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 222 buildings.
- Completing over 40 ASHRAE Energy Audits to evaluate building energy performance and provide low- and no-cost energy conservation measures as well as capital cost suggestions. In 2021, these audits resulted in an average of 16% energy savings and approximately 153 million kBtu total energy savings.
- Providing robust internal benchmarking support by regularly hosting training sessions on ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, providing pre-recorded trainings on the company intranet, and utilizing staff to serve as a help desk.
- Providing trainings to brokers featuring the value of asset energy performance and encouraging the use of ENERGY STAR as a differentiator in the market, which led to an increase in the number of properties benchmarked.
- Delivering more than 20 presentations to encourage use of ENERGY STAR-rated products in all tenant spaces and the implementation of energy-efficient practices to increase scores and potentially earn ENERGY STAR Tenant Space recognition.