Corning, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Corning Incorporated applies its expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics to develop products for industrial and scientific applications and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company has built a significant internal communication platform for energy management best practice sharing and education that ensures worldwide energy management is institutionalized and practiced well. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reaching nearly a one percent improvement in corporate energy intensity and, since 2012, a 15 percent reduction. More than one-half billion dollars have been saved through Corning’s Global Energy Management program since its inception in 2006.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at eight manufacturing facilities for savings between 10.5 and 52.4 percent.
- Demonstrating leadership among U.S. manufacturers and within the glass industry by sharing energy management best practices at ENERGY STAR industrial meetings and participating in the ENERGY STAR Glass Industry Focus.
- Inspiring a business unit, Optical Fiber and Cable (OFC), to increase emphasis on energy performance. The OFC general manager challenged site energy teams, and OFC reached a 50 percent energy intensity reduction.
- Developing new internal and external communications strategies to promote ENERGY STAR and energy and water savings. All outreach efforts resulted in reaching an audience of 1.53 million.
Add profile here