Corning, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Corning Incorporated is an innovator in materials science. Corning is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the strategic direction and advancement of its energy management program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a one-percent growth in corporate energy productivity, contributing to Corning’s overall improvement of 31 percent since 2007 for $454 million in savings.
- Holding seven publicly attended ENERGY STAR Industrial Showcases at its manufacturing plants in both the United States and overseas to demonstrate the plants’ energy accomplishments and inform about energy efficiency.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Glass Manufacturing by engaging fellow manufacturers and sharing best practices across the sector.
- Focusing on the development of more sustainable manufacturing processes by creating a safe environment for testing new approaches to production.
- Applying the ENERGY STAR treasure hunt process at four plants in the United States, Japan, and Taiwan to identify energy efficiency opportunities for combined identified savings of $2.1 million.
- Adapting the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management to address water pumping, treatment, and discharge, and the energy associated with this major manufacturing activity in its operations.