Corning, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Corning Incorporated is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that create new industries and transform people’s lives. Corning is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the growth of its energy management program and commitment to helping others learn valuable skills and strategies. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a six-percent improvement in corporate energy productivity in 2015, and a 32-percent improvement since 2007.
- Linking R&D opportunities with energy management-driven business objectives and developing more sustainable processes.
- Engaging new energy management team members in extensive and immersive energy management training internally and externally among the ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Glass Manufacturing by arranging for the group to meet annually with Syracuse University’s Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems to stimulate new ideas for program development.
- Engaging 36 plants in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry, with eight named Achievers.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR industrial partners’ annual meeting by sharing communications strategies within an energy management program.