Corning, New York
Partner of the Year
Corning Incorporated, a world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creates and manufactures keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications, and life sciences. Corning is receiv¬ing ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for the rapid maturation of its energy management, environmental performance, and greenhouse gas emission control efforts. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 3.4-percent improvement in corporate energy productivity in 2014 and a 29-percent improvement since 2007, all while integrating a new business into the corporate energy baseline, which increased by 20 percent.
- Taking on new challenges by joining the Clinton Global Initiative and adopting the goal to further improve energy efficiency by an additional 15 percent by 2020.
- Working with ENERGY STAR industrial partners to test a new, immersive training model to develop energy management skills in corporate energy personnel.
- Leading energy management in the glass industry through the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Glass Manufacturing.
- Promoting energy efficiency through internal and external trade communications and through its 34 sites that have taken the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.