Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Consumers Energy is an electric and gas utility. Consumers Energy integrated ENERGY STAR® certification, tools, and resources across its programs to help meet 2021 energy savings goals. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Facilitating rebates for over 17,000 ENERGY STAR smart thermostats in partnership with local retailers and adding new instant rebates on ENERGY STAR certified air purifiers at select retailers.
- Providing incentives for the construction of more than 370 ENERGY STAR certified homes, an increase of 9% since 2020, while also expanding the number of participating builders and home energy rating companies by 20% and 9%, respectively.
- Bolstering marketing for contractors working with Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, resulting in five contractors completing an additional 360 projects over the prior year.
- Delivering enough energy savings through Home Performance with ENERGY STAR to power 44 homes with electricity and heat 420 homes with natural gas for a year.
- Offering commercial customers a menu of ENERGY STAR services including Portfolio Manager® benchmarking and no-cost verification of applications for building certification, resulting in 48 certified properties.
- Partnering with the city of Jackson, Michigan, and key grassroots stakeholders to support a Smart Energy District and maintain Jackson’s ranking in 2021 as the small city with the most ENERGY STAR certified buildings.