Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Consumers Energy is an electric and natural gas utility in Michigan. Consumers Energy integrated ENERGY STAR certification, tools, and resources across its programs, helping it meet 2020 energy savings goals despite suspending programs for three months due to COVID-19. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Giving customers new tools to manage energy use with no-cost ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats by making it easier for customers to take advantage of both its energy efficiency and demand response program incentives, resulting in over 46,000 thermostats distributed.
- Providing incentives for the construction of more than 270 ENERGY STAR certified homes and recruiting 40 new homebuilders to its new home construction program, saving more than 730 MWh of electricity and more than 23,000 Mcf of natural gas.
- Partnering with the city of Jackson to achieve the number one ranking in 2020 as the small city with the most ENERGY STAR certified buildings.
- Increasing training and developing incentives for new and existing contractors in its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, helping them exceed the number of projects from the previous year by 20 percent.
- Producing a marketing video to promote HPwES contractor programs focused on heating, ventilation, air conditioning, insulation, and windows.