Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Consumers Energy is Michigan’s largest utility, providing natural gas and electricity to 6.7 million residents, and receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Consumers Energy has integrated ENERGY STAR certification, tools, and resources across its portfolio of utility energy efficiency programs. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Consolidating related commercial building services into a single ENERGY STAR Programs offering, resulting in benchmarking 250 customer buildings and the ENERGY STAR certification of 118 buildings.
- Engaging 14 customers in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry, representing a 40 percent increase from the previous year.
- Expanding its small business marketplace to create a convenient way to purchase 25 types of ENERGY STAR certified products.
- Partnering with Feeding America West Michigan and a consortium of Michigan foodbanks to leverage the Light the Moment with ENERGY STAR campaign and donating 200,000 LEDs through the Buy a Bulb Give a Bulb campaign.
- Saving customers approximately 67,000 megawatt hours of energy from its 2018 ENERGY STAR lighting and appliance programs.
- Supporting the construction of 800 ENERGY STAR certified homes, totaling nearly 4,000 since joining the program in 2014, and hosting a rater training course to facilitate the addition of 5 new home energy rating companies.
- Offering Home Performance with ENERGY STAR for the eighth year in a row, completing more than 10,000 whole-home improvements and issuing more than $16 million in rebates.