Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Consumers Energy is Michigan’s largest utility and provides natural gas and electricity to 6.7 million residents. Consumers Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its successful and sustained integration of ENERGY STAR certification, tools, and resources across its portfolio of programs. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of 780 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a projected 15 percent increase since 2016.
- Expanding the reach of its ENERGY STAR lighting and appliance program through additional partnerships with regional retail partners that serve lower income and rural customers. Estimated 2017 savings from sales influenced by the program are approximately 83,000 megawatt hours.
- Launching innovative outreach strategies to promote its ENERGY STAR certified lighting program including participation in the Light the Moment promotion with an area food bank resulting in a donation of 150,000 LEDs.
- Benchmarking and evaluating 198 customer buildings through Building Performance with ENERGY STAR in 2017, up from 145 buildings in 2016.
- Helping ten Consumers Energy customers participate in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry, representing a five-fold increase from the previous year.
- Completing more than 9,250 whole-house improvments and enrolling 150 participating contractors through its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program since inception, an average of more than 1,300 improvements per year.