Community Investment Strategies
Lawrence Township, New Jersey
Partner of the Year
Multifamily High Rise Developer
Community Investment Strategies (CIS) is a woman-owned business enterprise development firm that primarily serves low-income and senior populations. CIS is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to building high-quality, sustainable housing for its current residents and for future generations. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Certifying more than 200 units, a 130 percent increase from 2016, for a cumulative total of 540 units.
- Building 32 communities that are ENERGY STAR certified and using subcontractors that are trained in energy-efficient construction techniques and practices.
- Having the entire CIS portfolio committed to energy benchmarking over the next year.
- Implementing quality management programs while shortening construction schedules and saving money.
- Building in locations across New Jersey that are typically underserved, with a focus on thoughtful design and development.