Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year
CommonWealth Partners (CWP’s) mission is to create and maintain environments that are both sustainable and efficient, while securing the financial health of the company’s investors and tenants. CWP is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its energy management program and commitment to energy efficiency. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Demonstrating its commitment to energy efficiency through benchmarking close to 100 percent all of eligible properties within ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Reducing its portfolio-wide energy use intensity consumption by 21.9 percent from a 2013 baseline, equivalent to the annual energy use of 3,974 homes.
- Hosting ENERGY STAR Tenant appreciation events, and organizing Green Office Challenge that allows tenants to compete with other tenants, recognizing the tenant with the highest energy reduction by awarding a Certificate of Achievement.
- Developing and hosting an internal Battle of the Buildings Bootcamp competition which focused on empowering participating properties to reduce energy, water, and waste over a three month period.
- Communicating the importance of energy efficiency using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, tools & resources to a wide audience including building management teams, brokers, investors, and tenants.