Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd is an electric transmission and distribution utility. ComEd prioritized expanding accessibility and adoption of ENERGY STAR® certified products for customers most in need, including those experiencing low incomes and small businesses in distressed communities. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Partnering with the Chicago Bungalow Association, the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program, Community Action Agencies, and a network of partners to deliver energy-saving products and services to about 20,000 income-eligible and market-rate customers annually.
- Providing free comprehensive energy efficiency retrofits to households with the greatest need and requiring ENERGY STAR certification as the basis of lighting, smart thermostat, exhaust fan, water heater, refrigerator, and central and window air conditioner upgrades.
- Constructing and renovating more than 500 housing units through its Affordable Housing New Construction Program, delivering 1,200,000 kWh of energy savings for income-eligible customers.
- Increasing energy savings from the Small Business offering by over 32 times in the last 11 years to achieve 264,000 MWh in savings in 2022.
- Using ENERGY STAR building scores to guide the completion of over 250 retro-commissioning projects, resulting in 44 GWh in savings.