Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd, a unit of Exelon Corporation, serves nearly four million customers in northern Illinois, and educates consumers regarding their energy usage. ComEd is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition and has expanded its commitment to using ENERGY STAR tools across its portfolio. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR throughout its energy efficiency program, projecting to achieve net savings of more than 1,700,000 megawatt hours in 2018 and driving energy efficiency excellence among utilities.
- Continuing to leverage the Energy Usage Data System software to assist customers with the benchmarking of nearly 6,000 buildings and compliance with Chicago’s benchmarking ordinance.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® metrics to recruit and screen for its Retro-Commissioning offering, resulting in the completion of 217 projects impacting over 67 million square feet of floorspace.
- Continuing to help customers set contractually enforceable energy performance targets for 23 new construction projects totaling more than four million square feet of floorspace.
- Launching an income eligible lighting discount initiative, providing increased incentives for ENERGY STAR certified bulbs in 222 stores, with estimated sales exceeding one million bulbs.
- Participating in numerous ENERGY STAR product promotions, and incorporating campaign identifiers, infographics, video and web page links, email features, and social media posts, as well as supporting the ENERGY STAR Earth Day, Rule Your Attic, ENERGY STAR Day and Holiday promotions.
- Teaming with utility partners to offer homeowners Home Performance with ENERGY STAR, resulting in 947 homeowners completing projects and receiving a Certificate of Completion documenting improvements for use in future real estate transactions.