Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd, a unit of Exelon Corporation, serves 3.9 million customers in northern Illinois, and educates consumers regarding their energy usage. ComEd is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its expanding commitment to using ENERGY STAR tools across its portfolio. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Discounting the 100 millionth ENERGY STAR certified light bulb since 2008, for a total of more than 12 million LED bulbs and fixtures.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified products, including appliances, pool pumps, Most Efficient central air conditioners, and geothermal heat pumps. ComEd projects fulfilled more than 170,000 rebates valued above $13 million, more than triple the amount in 2016.
- Marketing ENERGY STAR in a variety of media and participating in ENERGY STAR promotions including Light the Moment, Laundry Made Better, and Upgrade Now and Warm Up to Savings.
- Completing 813 residential weatherization projects that earned Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) certifications, nearly a 70 percent increase over 2016, while also participating in the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance’s HPwES program.
- Using ENERGY STAR Target Finder and Energy Use Intensity (EUI) project targets to grow its new construction services’ annual electric savings from 1.6 million kilowatt hours (kWh) in 2009 to 52 million kWh per year in 2017.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and EUI scores during recruiting and screening for its Retro-Commissioning offering, helping to increase the number of participants in the program by 70 percent compared to 2016 and reaching an all-time high of 94 buildings.
- Continuing to leverage the Energy Usage Data System software to support commercial and multi-family customers to comply with Chicago’s benchmarking ordinance, benchmarking more than 1,250 buildings.