Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation that provides service to approximately 3.8 million customers and provides one of the nation’s largest portfolios of energy efficiency programs. ComEd is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued success in leveraging ENERGY STAR to develop new programs, strengthen collaborations with other partners, and support clean energy policies in its service territory. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Launching a new appliance rebate program, supported by a multimedia marketing campaign, to boost ENERGY STAR appliance awareness and retail sales, resulting in more than 600 participating retail stores delivering 20,000 rebates.
- Performing 33,000 Home Energy Assessments, during which ENERGY STAR certified products were installed to deliver immediate savings to customers.
- Delivering a nearly 1,300-percent increase in sales of ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs over 2014, with certified LEDs representing nearly 4 million of the almost 13 million ENERGY STAR bulbs incentivized through the program.
- Increasing rebate activity for ENERGY STAR certified central air-conditioning systems, heat pumps, and smart thermostats over 2014 levels, including incentives for 150 ENERGY STAR Most Efficient systems.
- Teaming with utility partners Nicor Gas, North Shore Gas, and Peoples Gas to help 450 homeowners access weatherization incentives and earn Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
- Continuing to leverage the Energy Usage Data System (EUDS) software to support critical initiatives, such as helping the Chicago Archdiocese benchmark 2,700 buildings and supporting commercial customers to comply with the Chicago benchmarking ordinance.
- Introducing a new retrocommisioning option for commercial buildings under 150,000 square feet, increasing the potential market for ComEd’s retrocommisioning and benchmarking offerings to nearly 25,000 buildings.