Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
ComEd is a unit of Chicago-based Exelon Corporation that provides service to approximately 3.8 million predominantly residential customers. ComEd is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its continued success in leveraging ENERGY STAR and its initiative in reaching new consumers through targeted outreach, social media, and behavioral marketing. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Extensively leveraging the ENERGY STAR mark, messaging, and tools in social media and related behavior change initiatives. Highlights include participating in the Twitter party launch of the ENERGY STAR Dim Bulb Gallery videos, announcing the 1000th Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR certificate of completion, and promoting the ENERGY STAR Rule Your Attic campaign.
- Helping generate the sale of 9.4 million ENERGY STAR certified light bulbs, deepening outreach to target segments to ensure that all customers benefit from energy efficiency programming.
- Facilitating the benchmarking of more than 265 commercial and multifamily buildings through its energy usage data system, allowing customers to more easily comply with the City of Chicago’s benchmarking and disclosure ordinance. To date, this resource, which allows users to automatically upload data into ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, has been used to obtain energy data for about 4,200 buildings.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified products and benchmarking with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager throughout its commercial programs, including retrocommissioning and those targeted at small businesses, data centers, and new construction. In addition, ComEd has engaged the commercial real estate sector through its Building Performance with ENERGY STAR program to advance comprehensive, strategic energy management in buildings.
- Coordinating with Nicor Gas to better accommodate and align with the statewide Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, including offering an expanded list of rebates for air sealing, attic and wall insulation and duct sealing. The weatherization component delivered more than 700 projects in 2014, and homeowners were issued completion certificates.