Columbia Water and Light
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Columbia Water and Light (CW&L) is a municipal utility that offers diverse programs to ensure access to energy efficiency for residents across its service territory. CW&L is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its unique and consistent implementation of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Partnering with the City of Columbia’s Community Development Department and the Housing Authority to deliver high quality improvements with multiple funding options to low-income residents. Low-income residents participating in HPwES save approximately 25 percent on their heating and cooling bills.
- Offering the U.S. Department of Energy’s Home Energy Score to participants in HPwES to explain energy savings potential and to document improved energy efficiency. CW&L is developing a GIS mapping tool to track homes scored with the Home Energy Score.
- Developing programs and marketing campaigns specifically designed for landlords and rental properties to reach the 55 percent of Columbia housing stock that is rental properties.
- Holding more than 370 educational and outreach events since 2014, educating more than 30,000 residents on energy efficient practices and ENERGY STAR programs.
- Partnering with Boone Electric to provide HPwES to non-CW&L customers living within the Columbia area, while creating consistency in program messaging and delivery.