Columbia Gas of Ohio, Inc. (a NiSource company)
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Columbia Gas of Ohio is the largest gas utility in the state, currently serving 1.4 million customers. Since 2010, Columbia Gas of Ohio, along with AEP Ohio, have worked together to bring a unified program to builders, contractors, and homebuyers across their service areas. Columbia Gas of Ohio is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to sponsoring ENERGY STAR certified homes and promoting ENERGY STAR certified products. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Enrolling more than 130 builders, an increase of almost nine percent since 2015, and providing incentives for 2,415 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a cumulative total of almost 12,000 since the program’s inception.
- Generating more than 14 million media impressions, and actively showcasing ENERGY STAR while participating in the local Parade of Homes, with more than 36,000 people in attendance.
- Expanding the High Efficiency Heating System Replacement (HEHSR) Program, which features ENERGY STAR furnaces and boilers, by addressing customer awareness and offering instant discounts on the replacement of existing heating systems with high efficiency furnaces, in both the traditional residential market as well as rental markets.
- Providing $3.9 million in incentives toward the installation of 13,165 ENERGY STAR certified heating systems.
- Developing partnerships with more than 200 program allies and industry leaders committed to energy efficiency and effectively changing the residential and contractor market in Ohio.