Columbia Gas of Ohio
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Columbia Gas of Ohio is a natural gas company. Columbia Gas increased construction of ENERGY STAR® certified homes by 15%, provided no-cost improvements to 1,800 low-income households, and mitigated safety issues including gas leaks, unsafe wiring, venting problems, and cracked heat exchangers. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions through its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program by the equivalent of 867 passenger vehicles in a year.
- Increasing energy savings by 6% over 2021.
- Launching “Savings Week” as a ramp-up to ENERGY STAR Day and colder weather, leveraging multiple media channels to share information about the value of ENERGY STAR and program savings opportunities.
- Supporting the construction of nearly 600 ENERGY STAR certified homes, a 15% increase compared to 2020, and augmenting builder participation in the program by 22%.
- Upgrading its online “Find a Builder” tool to highlight ENERGY STAR builder partners and continuing to promote the program through a variety of digital marketing strategies, generating more than 900,000 impressions.
- Providing incentives for nearly 7,500 ENERGY STAR certified heating and water heating appliances and 32,000 certified thermostats.