Columbia Gas of Ohio
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Columbia Gas of Ohio is a natural gas distribution company. The company’s efforts produced a combined total of 25,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes, energy audits and ENERGY STAR certified product purchases during the first three quarters of the year. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives for the construction of more than 530 ENERGY STAR certified homes, an increase of over 20 percent compared to 2019, as well as for the installation of more than 850 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats and 370 high-efficiency gas furnaces.
- Promoting Columbia’s Warm Choice® (WC) program, which provides energy efficiency services to homeowners and renters whose income is at or below 150 percent of federal poverty guidelines, to reach 8,320 homes from 2019–2022.
- Developing strategies to identify potential WC customers, including reaching out to a local warehouse where employees were likely beneficiaries and creating a text-to-call feature available at any hour for customers who may work multiple jobs or work during nontraditional business hours.
- Working with the city of Columbus and AEP Ohio to complete 30,000 energy audits in two years.
- Rebating over 31,000 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats and heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning products, achieving annual energy savings of over 260,000 Mcf.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats through display ads, paid search and social, and Pandora and NPR ads, resulting in more than 7.8 million impressions.