Columbia Gas of Ohio
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Columbia Gas of Ohio is a natural gas distribution company receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Columbia Gas of Ohio is a leader in energy efficiency committed to incentivizing construction of ENERGY STAR certified homes, performance of energy audits and purchase of ENERGY STAR certified products. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Supporting the construction of nearly 450 ENERGY STAR certified homes, with 82 builders and 14 home energy rating companies enrolled in the program.
- Providing industry training for Home Performance with ENERGY STAR with more than 25 participating contractors and program energy auditors, on such subjects as Advanced Air Sealing Techniques, Combustion Safety, and sales training.
- Promoted and incentivized purchase of ENERGY STAR certified high efficiency furnaces, boilers, and both storage tank and tankless water heaters to residential customers.
- Partnering with Nest and Ecobee, layering manufacturer rebates with Columbia Gas’ ongoing $75 smart thermostat rebate so that customers could easily receive both rebates, resulting in over 7,700 ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostats being incentivized.
- Increasing the contractor assignment process for the Home Energy Audit and Rebate program by 19 percent since 2018, reducing barriers for customers to have a contractor complete recommended energy efficiency upgrades.
- Creating a video case study featuring builder interviews and homeowner testimonials that highlight the features and benefits of living in an ENERGY STAR certified home.