Excellence Award - ENERGY STAR Promotion
Columbia Association (CA) is a nonprofit homeowners association dedicated to providing the highest level of service and amenities to the 100,000 residents of Columbia, Maryland. As an ENERGY STAR® partner, CA has made a strong commitment to energy management. CA is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition because of its commitment to the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and Energy Efficient Products programs. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Generating a 93 percent HPwES assessment-to-upgrade conversion ratio when home performance improvements are recommended.
- Launching the Home Energy Efficiency Upgrade Cooperative with its partner, Civic Works, to provide support and guidance for homeowners navigating the HPwES project process.
- Comprehensively promoting ENERGY STAR via several channels, including their monthly community newsletter with circulation of 480,000, online promotions with hundreds of page views, and two energy videos.
- Actively promoting the Change the World, Start with ENERGY STAR campaign to its staff and the community throughout 2014.
- Continuing to collaborate with Baltimore Gas and Electric to broadly promote ENERGY STAR in Columbia, including monthly newsletter stores, energy videos, signage and video stills, and an Energy Smart website.