New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a consumer products company. Colgate launched its new 2025 Sustainability and Social Impact Strategy, which includes targets for 100 percent renewable electricity by 2030, net zero carbon in operations by 2040, and energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions reductions. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Developing a Renewable Energy Master Plan to guide over 100 facilities in procuring and installing renewable energy, considering local actions for each facility.
- Launching a special Latin America Division Energy Reduction Team, an extension of the company’s Global Energy Reduction Team, that focused on energy efficiency, renewable energy, technology solutions, and project implementation in that region. Seventy-five projects have been identified, with an estimated $476,000 in savings across six facilities.
- Reducing energy intensity by 2.6 percent compared to 2019 and by 28.1 percent since 2005, while avoiding nearly $672 million in energy costs since 2002.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at seven facilities, avoiding more than 187,136 MMBtus.
- Conducting a full plant energy treasure hunt that identified 69 energy reduction ideas with the potential to reduce the site’s energy consumption by over 7,916 MWh and CO2 emissions by more than 3,826 MT, while supporting the ENERGY STAR Fill the Treasure Chest Campaign by sharing savings found in treasure hunts.