New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a global consumer products company operating in more than 200 countries. The company’s strategy takes an end-to-end value chain approach from suppliers to its own manufacturing facilities through to its consumers to address climate change through energy efficiency and carbon emissions reductions. Colgate-Palmolive is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for addressing the environmental impacts of its company’s operations and products. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Managing energy for a one-percent improvement in absolute energy over 2016, achieving a 15 percent reduction since 2005 and $440 million in energy savings since 2009.
- Utilizing the ENERGY STAR Energy Treasure Hunt resources to identify over 180 energy savings opportunities for an estimated 23,400 megawatt hours in energy savings and achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry recognition at four facilities. Three of the plants have achieved this recognition in the past.
- Investing in energy efficiency by funding more than 100 capital energy projects for savings of $3.6 million annually.
- Studying the efficacy of renewable and alternative energy opportunities to identify six viable projects that are currently under research.
- Expanding the carbon footprinting of its major product lines for the Tom’s of Maine brand so that one deodorant product could be reformulated to improve its sustainability profile and the manufacturing process could be improved to save water and energy.