New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company (Colgate) is a global consumer products company operating in over 200 countries and territories. Colgate is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for advancing sustainable production and sharing its techniques with the manufacturing community. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a three-percent improvement in energy intensity across all of its global operations while avoiding $350 million in energy costs since 2009.
- Expanding the company’s comprehensive evaluation of the environmental footprint of its product categories beyond Oral Care to include both Home Care and Personal Care.
- Educating suppliers about how to identify energy savings by including them in Colgate’s own plant energy treasure hunts.
- Improving the energy efficiency of the value chain for Colgate products by sourcing raw materials closer to manufacturing plants, incorporating efficiencies into production, and maximizing energy efficiency in the transport of products.
- Expanding the ENERGY STAR treasure hunt guidance to water efficiency by adapting the guidance for water assessments in plants.
- Continuing to use the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry globally. Since 2010, 35 sites have achieved 60 awards, with energy intensity improvements of 10 percent or more.