New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company (Colgate) is a global consumer products company operating in over 200 countries and territories. Colgate understands the importance of energy management and the potential consequences of climate change and is committed to acting responsibly to protect its people and the environment. Colgate is receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the company’s ongoing sustainability efforts in mitigating climate change through energy efficiency. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy efficiency by 2.8 percent compared to 2014 and more than 20 percent since 2005. Since 2009, Colgate has avoided over $295 million in energy costs while reducing carbon dioxide emissions by more than nine percent.
- Implementing a climate change strategy that influences the company’s carbon footprint through ambitious emissions goals, management of energy, and providing for low carbon products, energy, and supply chain. The company increased renewable energy purchases by 30 percent in the United States.
- Engaging employees through Energy Treasure Hunts to identify over 200 energy reduction ideas for an estimated 36,664 megawatt hours in energy savings.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at 13 facilities, 10 of which are repeat winners.
- Expanding the “Save Water” campaign in new markets to raise awareness of water conservation.
- Sharing best practices with other ENERGY STAR partner companies.