New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Colgate-Palmolive Company is a global consumer products company operating in over 200 countries and territories. Colgate understands the importance of energy management and the potential consequences of climate change and is committed to acting responsibly to protect its people and the environment. Colgate is receiving the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the company’s ongoing sustainability efforts in mitigating climate change through energy efficiency. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy efficiency by more than two percent compared to 2013 and in excess of 18 percent since 2005, while avoiding $239 million in energy costs since 2009 and reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 18 percent since 2005.
- Launching a new 2020 Energy and Carbon Change strategy and goals committing to reduce carbon emissions on an absolute basis by 25 percent compared to 2002, with a longer term goal of a 50 percent absolute reduction by 2050 compared to 2002.
- Completing a study of the carbon dioxide associated with the company’s global Oral Care business to find that a large opportunity exists to reduce the carbon footprint through procurement of raw and packaging materials.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at 11 facilities, of which six are repeat achievers. This brings the global total percentage of Colgate facilities achieving the Challenge to 65 percent.
- Working with an EDF Climate Corps Fellow in developing a Heat Balance Tool that identifies energy and cost savings opportunities associated with the recycling of waste heat.
- Integrating ENERGY STAR engagement into the supplier outreach program with 98 suppliers who were requested to participate in the supply chain initiative and encouraged to join ENERGY STAR.