Partner of the Year
New Home Construction
Cobblestone Homes is a leading builder located in Michigan’s Great Lakes Bay Region. Cobblestone Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to ENERGY STAR and dedication to educating homeowners. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Building 41 additional ENERGY STAR certified homes, bringing Cobblestone Homes’ total of ENERGY STAR certified homes to more than 300 since 2005.
- Providing 41 homeowner post-sales training sessions about the benefits and features of ENERGY STAR certified homes, as well as displaying innovative exhibits and hands-on activities at demonstration centers. Additionally, an ENERGY STAR Challenge is presented to homeowners that rewards the homeowner with the most utility bill savings.
- Conducting two different inspections for insulation during the building process and ensuring that HVAC equipment is sized correctly at the outset, resulting in zero “comfort complaints” from homeowners. The company credits ENERGY STAR with providing the foundation for much of its quality control.
- Developing a “sales toolbox” which is focused on energy efficiency, water conservation, and the enhancement of HVAC systems.
- Establishing best practices by periodically hiring two additional energy raters to rate a home in progress and ensure consistency across their ratings and findings.