New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Clarion Partners is a real estate investment firm. Clarion leveraged ENERGY STAR® resources to grow its comprehensive energy management program, with a focus on internal and external stakeholder engagement. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 113 properties.
- Developing its net zero program, which includes a focus on energy efficiency and conservation, building electrification, performance benchmarking, and other critical strategies.
- Conducting a Sustainability Attributes survey to gather property-level information such as the percentage of ENERGY STAR appliances and equipment, and LED lighting in place at each asset. These responses are cross-checked with each property’s ENERGY STAR score to inform which properties should be prioritized for efficiency projects.
- Engaging a third-party consultant to assist in completing ENERGY STAR certifications at scale for all eligible properties, enabling benchmarking and labeling initiatives year-round as opposed to once per year.
- Conducting an awareness campaign series for energy, water, and waste during the months of September, October, and November, respectively.