City of Columbia Water and Light
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
City of Columbia Water and Light is a municipal utility. In 2020, Columbia Water and Light maintained its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR operations while adjusting the program to focus on the health and safety of its program staff and customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Key accomplishments for 2020 include:
- Unveiling a report and case study, “Unlocking Energy Efficiency in Columbia, Missouri’s Residential Rental Market,” which highlights the benefits of home performance for renters and property management, and potentially, could lead to market expansion of energy improvements for renters.
- Restructuring low-income programming to allow audits by in-house staff.
- Implementing a water efficiency measure into the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program for indoor and outdoor consumptive uses.
- Designing and implementing an Enhanced Home Performance program as an income-qualified aspect of HPwES.
- Developing a tool-lending library to ease the burden for new contractors entering the industry.
- Partnering with other energy programs, including Home Energy Score™, to add project information into the local Green Building Registry.