Newmarket, New Hampshire
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Chinburg Builders, a regional home builder, built nearly 80 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2022, for a total of more than 800 ENERGY STAR certified homes since joining the program in 2004. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Ensuring that every homebuyer understands the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certification throughout the entire buying process, including during house plan meetings, selection meetings, and final walkthroughs.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in all electronic and print marketing materials, including model home point-of-sale materials, buyer marketing pieces, social media posts, and throughout its website, including a webpage dedicated to the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Educating internal and external sales teams, project managers, and site supervisors about ENERGY STAR certified homes and requiring third-party real estate brokers to include ENERGY STAR in listings and promotional materials for all certified homes.
- Collaborating with its energy rating company to provide ongoing training to new hires to ensure full compliance with all ENERGY STAR program requirements.
- Mentoring local high school students pursuing construction-related careers in the building techniques used to construct an ENERGY STAR certified home.
- Hosting an event for local home builders to discuss the benefits of partnership with ENERGY STAR and encouraging them to commit to building all their homes to be ENERGY STAR certified.