Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corporation
Poughkeepsie, New York
ENERGY STAR Promotion
Central Hudson Gas and Electric (Central Hudson) provides 300,000 customers with electricity and 79,000 customers with natural gas in a service territory spanning New York State’s Hudson Valley. Central Hudson is receiving ENERGY STAR® recognition for its effective engagement in the ENERGY STAR Light the Moment promotion and its community-based educational efforts. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified light-emitting diode (LED) lighting, including the distribution of 382,000 bill inserts as well as point-of-purchase signing in 31 retail locations and on-line marketplaces, and discounting nearly 425,000 ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs, all of which resulted in more than 17,000 megawatt hours (MWh) in energy savings.
- Featuring the “Light the Moment with Central Hudson” contest on its website and online marketplace, Facebook and Twitter, and through email.
- Organizing numerous in-store educational events in its service territory, promoting ENERGY STAR certified lighting and the “Light the Moment with Central Hudson” contest to thousands of consumers.
- Engaging limited-income customers in partnership with local United Way chapters, and distributing more than 20,000 ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs to more than 4,000 customers.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Day promotion through social media, and leveraging the ENERGY STAR Ways to Save web service.