Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
CenterPoint Energy is a transmission and distribution utility serving more than 2.5 million customers in the greater Houston area. The utility incentivized the construction of more than 3,600 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total exceeding 112,000 homes since joining the program in 2001. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the annual total of incentivized ENERGY STAR certified homes by 15 percent from 2019 and augmenting incentives for participating builders by nearly 150 percent.
- Initiating a refreshed ENERGY STAR-focused digital marketing strategy, resulting in a nearly 700 percent increase in paid search impressions compared to 2019 and increasing broader social media impressions by nearly 20 percent.
- Redesigning its corporate web page to host a new “Find A Builder” feature that created 300 percent more clicks to participating ENERGY STAR builders’ websites.
- Saving more than 420,000 megawatt-hours of energy since the program’s inception.
- Educating industry stakeholders through the Greater Houston Builders Association with virtual seminars and forums on better building practices, International Energy Conservation Code changes, and ENERGY STAR program updates.