Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
CenterPoint Energy is an electric transmission and distribution utility receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. CenterPoint Energy has demonstrated ongoing dedication to ENERGY STAR, and since partnering with the program in 2001, has consistently and successfully promoted ENERGY STAR certified homes throughout its service territory. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives for more than 3,000 homes, for a total of 106,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since the program’s inception in 2001.
- Realizing a 14 percent increase in kilowatt savings per home and a 13 percent reduction in electricity demand.
- Working with other Texas regional utilities to organize and co-sponsor a roundtable discussion with contractors and home energy rating companies to address home ventilation issues in hot, humid climates.
- Investing in a $250,000 digital and print marketing campaign to promote ENERGY STAR certification, resulting in a 300 percent increase in social media impressions.
- Facilitating the participation of 65 home energy rater companies and trade contractors in a course on sealing ducts and improving building envelopes.
- Distributing more than 1,000 pieces of ENERGY STAR-branded marketing materials at industry events, meetings with builders, and at model homes.