Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
CEMEX USA is a producer, distributor, and marketer of cement, ready mixed concrete, aggregates, and other building materials. Through the company’s sustainability efforts and alternative fuel projects, CEMEX was able to substitute 22.8 percent of fossil fuels with low-carbon alternatives, avoiding the burning of 318,000 metric tons of fossil fuels and emissions of 668,450 MTCO2. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Budgeting more than $17 million to renovate plants and enhance energy efficiency.
- Customizing a carbon dioxide reduction roadmap for cement production that includes methods for reducing cement process emissions, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, renewable energy, and other strategies.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for its Miami cement plant and achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two cement terminals.
- Promoting energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR resources to employees through published corporate magazines.
- Sharing energy management best practices through the ENERGY STAR industrial partner network in a virtual plant tour and the ENERGY STAR Cement and Concrete Industry Focus.