CEMEX USA is a building materials supplier that produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready mixed concrete, aggregates, and building materials, receiving Partner of the Year recognition. The company operates a comprehensive energy management program that spans all major operations based on principles embodied in the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management. Key accomplishments in 2018 include:
- Achieving nearly a one percent thermal energy intensity reduction while integrating alternative fuels to reduce environmental impacts.
- Certifying three cement plants with the ENERGY STAR and enrolling 25 cement terminals in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry.
- Developing methods for motivating executive management and employees to achieve energy goals, including a gainsharing program to reward hourly employees and annual performance assessments for salaried staff tied to energy metrics.
- Mentoring new ENERGY STAR industrial partners by sharing best energy management practices.
- Participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency for Cement Manufacturing by testing plant benchmarking models and presenting on impactful energy management opportunities in cement manufacturing to industry.
- Communicating on energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR through quarterly employee publications.