Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Celanese Corporation is a global producer of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in major industries and consumer applications, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Sustained improvement of the energy program and enhanced employee engagement earned Celanese a six percent reduction in energy intensity and achieved the corporate energy reduction goal two years ahead of schedule. Additional key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Registering the Edmonton, Alberta plant for the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry and assisting in the initiation of Natural Resource Canada’s launch of the ENERGY STAR program for industry.
- Expanding the energy program’s scope to include new sites obtained through mergers and acquisitions and creating a team tasked with identifying energy efficiency opportunities from the use of information technology.
- Executing 155 energy and energy cost reduction projects with savings of more than $17 million, while completing energy program assessments and plans across 12 sites and ensuring the energy project pipeline is sound through 2021 with forecast savings of over $7 million.
- Extending the ENERGY STAR partnership to include participation in EPA’s Tenant pilot, collaborating monthly with industrial partners, and contributing to the success of the annual ENERGY STAR industrial partner meeting.
- Advancing employee engagement on energy management through new employee training and corporate and local employee events and campaigns.