Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Celanese Corporation is a global producer of specialty materials and chemical products which are used in most major industries and consumer applications. The company strategically manages energy across its worldwide operations, advancing the strategy for continuous energy savings. Celanese is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued growth of its energy management program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 3.6 percent over the past 12 months and by 36 percent since 2005.
- Expanding the Celanese Global Energy Steering Team by adding key manufacturing site leaders.
- Executing more than 140 energy projects that are saving more than $10 million with even more savings forecasted for 2018 and 2019.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry energy intensity reduction of 10 percent for two plants in Texas and Germany in 2017.
- Undertaking boiler efficiency, excess utilities capacity idling, and more through the company’s Low Volume Challenged Sites and Utilities Energy Teams.
- Increasing communication and employee involvement in energy management globally by creating the Celanese Energy Community program where employees are trained to manage and engage in energy reduction at work and at home. More than 4,700 employees have been trained and joined the Community.