Partner of the Year
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of differentiated chemistry solutions and specialty materials used in most major industries and consumer applications. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for expanding its participation in ENERGY STAR and extending its energy management program globally. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by six percent since 2015 and 33 percent since 2005.
- Implementing more than 180 energy projects for $17 million in savings.
- Establishing a stronger global presence for energy management, including conducting energy treasure hunts in two plants in Asia that yielded $8 million in potential savings, increasing global site participation in the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry so that 11 sites now take part, and holding the first Celanese Global Energy Summit where energy leaders from across the company were trained and shared best practices in energy improvement, management, and partnership initiatives.
- Participating in the annual ENERGY STAR Industrial Partner and Focus Industry meeting by sharing Celanese’s energy management experiences with other manufacturers.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR resources and the partnership to industry.