Partner of the Year
Celanese Corporation is a global technology leader in the production of differentiated chemistry solutions and specialty materials used in most major industries and consumer applications. The company is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for formulating a robust energy management program using ENERGY STAR resources. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Reducing energy intensity by 7 percent since 2010 and 28 percent since 2005.
- Completing 200 energy projects to save more than $16 million in 2015, including the startup of a $160 million gas-fired steam boiler system to prevent greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution and to improve energy efficiency.
- Investing in energy efficiency in core production by starting up a state-of-the-art methanol unit.
- Performing energy-saving Treasure Hunts in four facilities in the United States and Mexico to identify more than 500 energy-saving opportunities.
- Sharing its energy management expertise among the ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Communicating energy efficiency and ENERGY STAR throughout Celanese.