CBRE Group, Inc.
San Jose, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
CBRE Group, Inc. is a global leader in real estate services, managing more than three billion square feet of commercial properties and corporate facilities worldwide. CBRE is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for using its leadership position to raise the bar for energy efficiency across the industry, while leveraging the ENERGY STAR program as the foundation of its approach. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving portfolio-wide energy use reduction of 2.5 percent compared to 2014—even with a portfolio-wide average ENERGY STAR score of nearly 80.
- Benchmarking more than 1,600 buildings representing more than 260 million square feet, with nearly 350 of these properties earning ENERGY STAR certification in 2015.
- Developing, launching, and reaching nearly 2,000 CBRE brokerage professionals with “The Business of Green for Brokers,” a set of training resources to help brokers market the benefits of energy-efficient and sustainable buildings.
- Training nearly 18,500 property management professionals on energy efficiency best practices through CBRE’s licensing of the BOMA Energy Efficiency Program (BEEP).
- Promoting practical tips for water conservation at California properties and highlighting best practices at leading buildings, including the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to track water consumption.
- Committing more than 70 properties to participate in EPA’s 2015 National Building Competition.
- Leveraging internal and external communications channels, as well as social media, to promote energy efficiency and partnership with ENERGY STAR, including the #GreenYourCube campaign
- Supporting academic studies through its $1 million Real Green Research Challenge, with results that have provided empirical evidence demonstrating the power and impact of ENERGY STAR for buildings.