CBRE Group, Inc.
Los Angeles, California
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
CBRE Group, Inc. is a global real estate service provider, managing more than three billion square feet of commercial properties and corporate facilities worldwide. CBRE is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for using its leadership position to raise the bar for energy efficiency across the industry, while leveraging the ENERGY STAR program as the foundation of its approach. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking close to 2,000 buildings representing more than 300 million square feet, with nearly 800 of these properties having earned ENERGY STAR certification.
- Reducing emissions 16 percent, the equivalent of eliminating 9.8 million passenger vehicle miles over the past 10 years.
- Having nearly 20,000 attendees in CBRE/BOMA BEEP training sessions over the past 10 years.
- Expanding “The Business of Green for Brokers” initiative, a set of training resources to help brokers market the benefits of energy efficient and sustainable buildings, by incorporating it as a component of the required new hire and onboarding curriculum for all brokerage staff. During 2016, the recorded brokerage sustainability video was viewed more than 5,825 times.
- Encouraging managed sites to establish effective water management programs and implement projects and practices that will reduce facility water use, including specific policies that require management staff to use ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to track water consumption.