Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
CBRE is a global commercial real estate services and investment firm. CBRE continued to grow its energy management and training programs, leveraging ENERGY STAR® resources to provide leadership across the commercial real estate industry. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 173 properties.
- Achieving a more than 11% decrease in weather-normalized source energy use intensity across its U.S. portfolio from 2021 to 2022.
- Providing energy and sustainability services through its Global Workplace Solutions business segment, which includes greenhouse gas inventory management, decarbonization solutions, smart building systems integration, green energy procurement, and green leasing, among other services.
- Recognizing 24 property management teams through its annual Climate Champion Award program, which highlights properties that have achieved a 10% or greater annual increase in ENERGY STAR score.
- Developing its Net Zero Strategy, which is organized around four decarbonization pathways, focusing on buildings, energy, transport, and procurement.
- Engaging more than 3,300 employees through BOMA Energy Efficiency Program trainings, which educate staff on how to use ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to introduce low- and no-cost strategies to reduce energy consumption and optimize equipment.