Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
CBRE is a global commercial real estate services and investment firm. CBRE continued to grow its energy management and training programs, leveraging ENERGY STAR resources to provide leadership across the commercial real estate industry. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 102 properties.
- Benchmarking 5,819 buildings in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®, totaling more than 334 million square feet.
- Increasing its average ENERGY STAR Score across its portfolio from a 64 in 2019 to a 68 in 2020.
- Recognizing 21 property management teams through its Climate Champion Award program, which highlights properties that have achieved a 10 percent or more annual increase in their ENERGY STAR Score.
- Piloting innovative technologies, including an Artificial Intelligence engine to manage HVAC controls at a building in Seattle, which is expected to reduce energy costs by 25 percent and improve occupant comfort.
- Launching a service to assist with workplace re-entry during the pandemic to increase in flexible workspaces, connect with tenants through a new mobile app, recognize efficient operations through ENERGY STAR Tenant Space, and improve building performance and scores through optimizing HVAC controls.