Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Melville, New York
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Product Brand Owner
Canon U.S.A., Inc. manufactures consumer, business and industrial imaging solutions. Canon is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence for outstanding efforts in promoting ENERGY STAR certified products, reducing energy consumption, and a focus on education and training for customers and business partners. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Reducing carbon dioxide emissions from customer product use by approximately 15 million tons over the previous 8 years through energy-saving innovations.
- Reducing sleep mode power consumption of their professional large format printer (imagePROGRAF PRO-6000) by more than 60 percent as compared to the previous model.
- Boosting web content, including increasing the number of product pages featuring the ENERGY STAR logo by nearly 40 percent.
- Incorporating ENERGY STAR Ways to Save tips on Canon’s ENERGY STAR dedicated website, as well as celebrating Earth Day and ENERGY STAR Day.
- Engaging thousands of consumers in a meaningful way through social media, featuring ENERGY STAR and its energy, money, and environmental benefits, resulting in more than 120,000 impressions.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR across Canon's marketing efforts, including via showrooms, e-newsletters, brochures, and dealer/retailer training.