Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Melville, New York
Partner of the Year
Product Brand Owner
Canon U.S.A., Inc. is an office equipment manufacturer with a focus on product design that covers all stages of the lifecycle, from development and planning to collection and recycling. Canon is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its strong commitment to producing superior energy efficient office products and promoting ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Continuing to improve energy efficient product design for office equipment through induction heating and on-demand fixing for multifunction devices. Certifying 92 percent of eligible models as ENERGY STAR.
- Reducing an estimated 13 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions since 2008 through its ENERGY STAR certified models.
- Expanding its employee training and overall education efforts with regard to ENERGY STAR. This included prominently incorporating ENERGY STAR into its retailer and dealer trainings and hosting both Earth Day and ENERGY STAR Day events.
- Featuring ENERGY STAR in their YouTube video “Sustainability - Third Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE,” which describes the benefits of these certified models.
- Participating in an interview at the Consumer Technology Association’s Satellite Media Tour on Earth Day, which promoted the latest environmentally friendly consumer products, including Canon’s ENERGY STAR certified products. The tour garnered more than 13 million impressions through television and radio broadcasts.