CAMBA Housing Ventures, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Multifamily High Rise Developers
CAMBA Housing Ventures (CHV) is a Brooklyn-based nonprofit developer, committed to design excellence and developing sustainable and affordable housing that provides a safe and healthy living environment for all tenants. CHV is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its commitment to building and promoting energy efficient multifamily apartments. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Certifying 197 apartments (as Gateway Elton Street I LLC) across four buildings meeting ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise program requirements with an additional 100 units achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition.
- Certifying a total of 459 apartments across seven buildings since 2010, with another 855 apartments currently in-process for certification.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certification and the design features associated with each development on its company website to inform potential investor partners and prospective tenants about the certification and its benefits.
- Hosting four ENERGY STAR training sessions for the project teams associated with the CAMBA Gardens II and Van Dyke developments.
- Educating residents about the energy efficient and sustainable features of their apartments, including the benefits of ENERGY STAR certification.
- Benchmarking building energy use through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager since 2014.
- Installing an 86 kilowatt (KW) rooftop solar array at the CAMBA Gardens Phase I North & South buildings in 2016, which meets 45 percent of energy needs for building common areas, and designing buildings currently in-process for future solar installation.