Burton Energy Group
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Burton Energy Group is a privately-held, independent company providing energy, water, and waste management services for businesses with multi-site, geographically diverse facilities receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Burton Energy Group helped corporate clients develop energy efficiency plans and reduce their operating costs. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 2,200 properties each month in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and offering certification services to more than 20 buildings in 2018.
- Utilizing the growing capabilities of Portfolio Manager as part of its expanding sustainability service offerings by benchmarking water consumption at more than 1,300 buildings.
- Launching McDonald’s ECO2 program, a utility management system modeled after ENERGY STAR which has identified more than 5,000 MWh, 120,000 therms and 4 million gallons of water savings to 61 owners and operators of quick-serve restaurants nationwide.
- Participating as a Charter Tenant in the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space pilot to help develop efficiency and recognition criteria for tenants in office buildings.
- Initiating focused ENERGY STAR promotion to market sectors underrepresented in ENERGY STAR, such as hotels, multi-family and senior living properties.