Burton Energy Group
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Burton Energy Group is a privately-held, independent company providing energy management services for businesses with multi-site, geographically diverse facilities. Burton Energy Group is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for helping corporate clients develop energy efficiency plans and reduce their operating costs. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking more than 2,000 properties in Portfolio Manager® and offering certification services to more than 100 buildings in 2017.
- Responding to the growing capabilities of EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager by hiring a waste and recycling specialist and expanding sustainability service offerings.
- Developing and managing McDonald’s ECO2 program, bringing an energy management system modeled after ENERGY STAR to owners and operators of quick-serve restaurants nationally.
- Managing the Staples California Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC) Optimization Program, enrolling more than 600 HVAC units and saving more than 800,000 kilowatt hours (kWh) in 2017 in Pacific Gas and Electric and Southern California Edison service territories.
- Initiating a comprehensive energy management program across 26 AmerisourceBergen warehouses and distribution centers, including performing six energy and retro-commissioning audits in 2017.
- Leveraging utility service and product provider status with the ComEd Small Business Energy Efficiency and RCxpress programs at more than 195 locations, delivering millions of kWh of energy savings.