Burton Energy Group
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Burton Energy Group helps its clients—which operate in diverse markets including hospitality, retail, distribution centers, as well as two new markets, education and commercial real estate—to optimize energy efficiency. The company leverages ENERGY STAR® processes, educational materials, and tracking and benchmarking tools to help its dozens of clients optimize their energy performance and lower operating costs, while reducing the environmental impact of operating buildings. Burton Energy Group is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for creating and managing client energy plans that improve energy efficiency and environmental performance, mitigate price risk, and lower overall energy-operating costs. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Using EPA tools and materials to design new services focused on water and waste management and expanding the positive environmental impact delivered to clients.
- Leveraging EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® Web services to calculate and display ENERGY STAR scores on Burton’s Energy Portal dashboard for clients.
- Drawing on the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management in virtually all client engagements, including webinars, client strategy meetings, and first-call sales presentations.
- Using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to benchmark and track the energy performance of more than 1,900 facilities, accounting for more than nine percent of its client portfolio.
- Publishing five new ENERGY STAR case studies and distributing them through trade shows, seminars, email, and the Web.
- Earning recognition as an Elite Member in the ENERGY STAR Certification Nation campaign by helping to certify more than 200 buildings.